Does it annoy you when your man consistently wants to do things/have people over so spontaneously?

I am a planner! I like to say, lets have people over for monopoly Friday night, its Monday so we can plan it, invite people, etc. My bf seriously almost EVERYDAY calls me from work says hey, lets play monopoly tonight... you invite people and tell them to come over. Half the time I tell him no, I am feeling good, Im not up to entertaining right now bc Im super pregnant and am not cleaning the house! The other times, after I call people etc and "plan" it...he ll end up working late and I have to call everyone back and tell them not to come over. Eh. he did this to me again tonight, and wants to invite the same people over that we had to blow off last minute last night. Im not doing it. I have been sick today, Im tired, and my house is a mess bc he doesnt help me do anything. But he is just throwing such a fucking fit about it. Why is it so important to play monopoly right now? he isnt even home from work yet?! Why can't he understand that spontaneous just doesnt work for me!! I try to be flexible. I wish it could be about me sometimes. Why cant he just spend the evening with me, and PLAN something! aahahha...I hate it! Sorry... Im just stressed out.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 9:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• You poor thing, I would want to kill him. I seem to have the house where everyone gathers as well but if I was trying to entertain when pregnant, I would hate it. Sometimes you just need me time
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 10:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would hate this, but luckily my hubby doesn't do it :) I like to be sure the house is clean enough for guests and we have snacks and drinks and everything. I have a clean enough for everyday and a different clean for guests, lol! There has been an occassion where someone was already on their way and I would be like, damn it! You have to tell me so I can at least be sure the dishes are done! I'm super happy it doesn't happen often.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No I would hate that too, I think its different if he wants to do something with you last minute, thats great, if it doesnt have any work in it for you! Like take you out for dinner...... he is being selfish by the sounds of things, I would sit him down and explain flat out that he is not thinking of you, your not feeling well, you not upto entertaining its alot of stress and pressure on you and if he can not understand that there is something wrong......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Oh yes, I also have NO food in my house, nor any money to buy food! so frustrating.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• When my hub wants to have his guests over, he cleans. I'll help, but he's going to do the majority of it. If I want to have guests/friends over, I'll clean the house. (And when I say clean, I mean that DEEP clean that only happens every so often. My kids actually do most of the "spot" cleaning anymore, as they are old enough to do that stuff now.)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Just going off of your question (because i dont want to read all that) it drives me insane! One minute were sitting watching a tv show and next he gets up and says so and so is here... ANNOYING! and it pisses me off.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My husband is exactly opposite and never wants to have anyone over ever. I just wish he was more up to socializing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I totally dont mind socializing, its fun.. But sometimes I need either me time, or us time! And, whenever he does this he wants to invite over my sisters. I love that they get along so well, and i love my sisters... but sometimes I dont want to be around them!! My family has been planning my sisters wedding, and doing birthdays etc, and I have been around them so much! I dont want to hang out with them! I wish he could just "get it". !!
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011