Would you rather... navigation on touch screen or GPS?

We're trying to decide what to do. Pay $400 for an in-dash DVD touch screen/radio/navigation or pay $200 for the in-dash without the navigation and just use a GPS that hooks onto the windshield. Which would you rather do?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in

• I like my Garmin Nuvi (I use a friction mount because I don't want it on my windshield). We use it when we travel and will take it into the hotel with us and spend some time mapping out different things we want to see. It's nice to be able to remove it instead of sitting in the car planning our day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't want the electrical system in my car to be messed with so I would choose the GPS that goes on the windshield.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have a GPS that goes in the windshield & i will have to say I LOVE IT!!! I never ever want to do with out it!
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We have Rand McNally...we stick to to the dash (it's not built in) because we don't want it in the windshield.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd rather have the best and the most expensive.. But I'd have to settle for the cheapest option.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• GPS a portable one too
    galkimba911

Answer by galkimba911 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My husband always says to let price decide for you, so I'd probably go with the cheaper one. Thankfully my phone has GPS built into it so I can just use that. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• gps
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 1:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would rather have the navigation in the touch screen. I broke the thingy that hooks the GPS to the window, so now my passenger has to hold the gps, or I have to have the volume up really loud so I know when it wants me to turn. No clue where to get a replacment windsheild thingy
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• touch screen
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 2:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2011