Need serious help with cost of prescription! Canada pharmacies online? Are they reliable?

I was prescribed something today and when I went to get it filled at the pharmacy they informed me it was $600. This is with insurance. There is no substitution or smaller quantity. I have to have this medicine and I honestly dont know what to do!
Has anyone ever used the online Canadian pharmacies? If so, can you please send me links to reliable ones? I looked up the same med on one site and I could get it for around $200, but Im kinda afraid of doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

singthesorrow

Asked by singthesorrow at 9:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• that sucks!! like really bad! ok, 1st call dr and see if there is ANYTHING else they can give you, or else you need free samples to try out. second, the canadian pharms, are normally cool, but there are a lot of fake ones, that SAY they are candian, and are like thailand. they send fake pills, for big money. so research alot. make sure they have a number to call, call and talk to the co. make sure you get no "uh oh" feelings at all. i have no ideas on websites, just get ready to look for days b4 you find a reputable one. next, i know you wont like it, but mexico normally have meds for way cheap. you might try looking that up too, just do everything i said. make SURE it is an actuallu pharm!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 10:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• What are you looking for? I order meds online all the time, fioricet or tramadol. I have one pharmacy that is reliable and have dealt with for 2 years. This doesn't sell controlled substances but the prices are good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Its personal and Id rather not say what Im looking for, but its not a controlled substance. Can you give me the link to the pharmacy you use please?
    singthesorrow

Answer by singthesorrow at 7:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Call the drug manufacturer yourself. They normally give discounts to people who pay out of pocket. Also what kind of medication is it? I am a nurse, and honestly $600 dollar medication, is kind off way off. It also depends on how many days supply it is. But like I said call the manufacturer they would be able to help you. I would never trust my health with an online pharmacy.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Your Dr might have samples... Or he may have other substitutions. I think Canada is ok altough I have never done it.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 12:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2008