I have heartburn ALL the friken time....

Im so effin sick of it i havent eaten anything spicy all week and im getting heartburn every night ill wake up and have it and its getting annoying.....idk.....what do you think?!

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 9:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• I eat chocolate and I get heartburn! It doesn't have to be spicy for your body to react to it! Have you been eating or drinking anything different at all this week? Have you been under lots of stress?

try a glass of water with 1tsp baking soda, it helps to neutralize stomach acid! xo
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If I were you I would start exploring rantadine, zantac and different over the counter medicines. If you find the right one it can totally be worth it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ok! thanks!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• pepcid is amazing
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You need to see a doc to see if you have reflux disease
    they'll give you a prescription

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have the same problem, and pregnancy has just made it SO much worse. Its so frustrating! Right now Im taking zantac, and I take one in the morning and one before bed and am usually heartburn free. Before pregnancy, I took Prilosec. AMAZING. One pill, and I never had heartburn :) I also found that a glass of milk is a quick fix to get rid of it immediately, but wont work long term of course.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you have it all the time, I would get checked first.. Ulcer is the first thing I think of with constant heartburn and if it eats through your stomach lining, well that's a whole other set of issues.. They can cause major damage..High stress can cause GI acids to increase, pregnancy heartburn is common because the baby pushing the organs up.. I would get checked out..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ok thanks!!!! I have been stressed alot this past week im not pregnant tho!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I had heartburn so bad while pregnant with my son tums became fruity flavored tums. I finally got a prescription (protonix) that I've now been taking off and on for 8 years.

Things to try:
    Tums
    1/8 t ginger mixed into 8 oz of whatever you're drinking. The ginger will help calm the stomach acids
    Getting a prescription from your doctor.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It would be best to be checked out to make sure just what is causing it and how to treat it it. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011