How can i induce my own self? I'm 37 wks. Whtats the best way 2 do it that will work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have heard drink castor oil and u will get the shits and that is what does it to you
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 9:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i recommend you don't do it at 37 weeks, even though they say it's safe to have a baby at that time. you never know if your due date is accurate. other than that, i can't help you. i tried everything in the book and nothing worked. your baby will come with s/he wants to.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• there is really no one way to induce labor right away ( that I am aware of,lol) but my midwife gave me a few things to try to help speed things along.One is taking 2 to 3 Evening PrimRose Oil pills each day, using an exersice ball, ( this also helps with back pain, it has been a life savor for me),. lots of walking, using a breast pump for about 15 minutes off an on throughout the day(this will bring on contractions that will of course speed up dilation) I havent went into real labor yet, but things are starting to progress, most of all though not dewelling so much on it helps more than anything, stressing will actually make things go along slower.Good luck
    Anonymous

• I know this is easier said than done, but your almost there. Hang in there, baby will come when it wants to:)
    Anonymous

• I heard ding squats and caughing helps bring the cntractions...
    Anonymous

• You can do everything in the book (walking, sex, spicy food, pineapple, squatting, etc) and if your baby isn't ready to come...they're just not going to come. I've been trying to induce myself for two weeks now and I'm just now making progress of any kind. (I'm 38 weeks) Your baby will come when THEY are ready, and unfortunately that's not always when you're ready.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agree with caitxrawks. Babies have their own schedule. Trying to induce yourself at 37 weeks could be unhealthy for you and the baby. You only have a few weeks to go. You can make it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Warm bath and stimulate your nipples while you are in it. I tried it with my second it worked for me but of course these things don't work for everyone. I did it as soon as my doc gave the go ahead for me to go into labor without stopping it so make sure he is OK with you doing that.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 10:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Your poor baby still has about a month to go. While some babies ARE born at this time, some aren't--and it is because they aren't ready. Please don't try to do this.

Most babies will not come if they aren't ready--thus the high rate of C-section due to induction of labor or augmentation of labors that are either stalled (very natural) or were never actually true labor. If you want to increase your risk of death and your babies that's on you. Having an unnecessary procedure done to END your pregnancy is not good. Please think of your baby's health. In my experience of having babies my bigger later term babies were easier to deliver, so keep that in mind. Of course that's anecdotal, but there might be something said for letting babies decide when they should come.
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 10:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• very spicy food or sex
    classyyankee

Answer by classyyankee at 10:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008