What do you do when your anxiety is bad, there's no money and you're bored out of your mind?

I have had really bad anxiety problems and depression for over half my life and it's even worse now that I'm pregnant because I can't take my medicine. My anxiety is being triggered by feeling like I'm not doing anything with my days and it's hard to find things to do with my depression. I'm especially worried about how it'll be when the baby gets here. Please help!!!

quinny89

Asked by quinny89 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go on a walk. Take up yoga or meditation. Clean! I took anxiety and depression medication for years before I decided that I didnt want to take pills for the rest of my life. Yoga is really relaxing and soothing. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Go to the library and check out books for free, go on walks, work on your tan. Go volunteer somewhere? xo
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yoga helped me. Take a class if you can- so you'll be around other people. Or some other classes for expectant moms. Or trade lunches with friends, or go out to lunches with friends.

Answer by Bmat at 10:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• watch a silly movie that makes you laugh out loud.
    glory725

Answer by glory725 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Take a long bath, go for a walk, call a friend, go to the library. Watch silly movies or tv shows. Try deep breathing, kind of like you are in labor. Big deep breaths and exhale them slowly. Take up a hobby and make something for your baby. Write a book, or start a journal. Clean out a closet and get rid of what you can. Meet friends for lunch. Volunteer. Talk to your doctor about what you can do once you deliver your baby and make sure if you start feeling overwhelmed or more depressed to ask for help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• does the boredom get better after you have your baby?
    quinny89

Comment by quinny89 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I've tried SuperB complex vitamins and SAM-E and I cleaned house, went for walks, did stuff with ds when he was an infant since my ppd was bad. Now 4 years later, I try to keep up by picking up things around the house, reading to ds, taking ds to the library, to the parks, playing with him while dh is at work. I read to and it helped. Maybe try a hobby.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011