• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever taken Neurontin or the generic Gabapentin?

I fell off my garage steps and injured my lower back, but I've been have 3-4 migraine a week for about a year now so the Dr prescribed this for me. I'm going to start it tomorrow. It's in tapering doses with me getting up to 3 pills a day (900 mg). What has been you experience with it?  I've researched it, but I wanted personal experiences too.  Thanks in advance.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 10:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• Excuse my language but it made me high as Hell!!! I injured my lower back and my neurolgist prescribed it to me. I couldn't deal with that feelig all day... It also worsens your risk of seizures. I learned pain management, without any drugs. Have you ever noticed that side effects of most drugs are worse than the condition being treated? lol Good Luck, hope it works for you!
    shefree

Answer by shefree at 9:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna see how it affects me and see if it helps more than hinders. I don't do meds on a regular basis so I'm probably not gonna stay on it. But if it rids me of my really bad migraines it would almost be worth it.  Thanks again.

luvmygrlz

Comment by luvmygrlz (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011