• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever felt the urge to wanna spank someone else's kid?

I know some of you are going to say you don't believe in spankings but seriously. This child needs a spanking! I've been watching her for almost a week and a half and she's been good up until the last two days. She has a history of getting physical with her older brother (not just hitting but scratching and pinching) and she's starting to get physical with my daughter. SHe's pushed her and she tried to slap her in the face today it made me so mad. But of course her mother lets her get away with it by threatening to take her candy away. What kind of punishment is that? THat's bullshit! I'm just so mad right now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I worked in a JR High school and wanted to spank kids on a daily basis....ohhh man did I those kids are the worst but you can't do anything because their parents feel their jonny and suzi are sweet perfect kids
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you are watching her, then put her in time out. Explain to her what she did was wrong and way.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• lol i know what you mean. but even disciplining someone elses kid these days is out of the question, let alone spankin'em.

sure, i do other punishments besides just spanking my kids, and i abide by them. if i tell them they can't get ice cream because they decided not to listen to a word i said, they're not getting ice cream. that happened just the other day actually. we got home, and that didn't matter to them. they just kept pushing my buttons, whatever i said went in one ear and out the other. finally, i got fed up. i told them to go to their room, and put their hands on their beds. (helps them bend over and i dont' hit their hands if they want to cover their butt) they were made aware they were getting 2 spankings. they got it (they were not happy of course lol) but after they got over it we talked about why they got it.

my kids have been testing me to the limit lately, probly cuz i just quit my job and a SAHM now
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Do you honestly think her being spanked is going to make her LESS violent? She is already thinking it's ok to hurt someone, spanking her is just going to reinforce that idea. Try time outs, taking away priveleges, removing her from the situation. But I would NOT spank her. And I would NEVER even think of spanking someone else's child. EVER!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• time out and immediately separate the children.. you might not be able to spank then, but that doesn't mean you can't discipline them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm not saying I will spank her, I'm just saying I feel like it. I would never spank someone else's child.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Oh girl, I've gotten the urge to beat the crap out of someone elses kid! Lmbo! I would never act on it though!!!!! Some stupid mothers don't do crap about their horribly behaved kids, and that's the problem that made them the way they are!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• oh Ive wanted to smack more than a few kids who sounds just like the one you listed above!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 12:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• DEFINATLY !!!!
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I can't stand out of control kids!!! What about a yogabbagabba episode? Don't they have one for hitting, I know there's one for biting. LOL But yes I'd want to smack the little shhh but I wouldn't. Candy? Really? We all have different ways of parenting but some of these people are asking for it later! And what you think to yourself is good luck with that! But I'd make it clear that kid needs to know that will not be tolerated on your watch! If the kid doesn't know what time out means, sure will by the end of the day!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2011