How do you tell some one to bathe their child?

I have a close friend with a six month old baby. This baby stinks. Like old formula and poop. how do I tell her this politely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Next time you're holding the baby playfully say "Look at you, you little dirtball, you need a bath tonight don't you!" *hint hint nudge nudge* Just be sure to keep the tone light.
    I had neighbors who I gave a ton of clothes to. Since I recognized the outfit I knew their baby had been wearing it 3 days straight and it was FILTHY! I feel so bad for thoselittle babies, they are probably itchy and uncomfortable.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Since she is a close friend you come right out and say You know sometimes a baby needs to be bathed every day? Or sniff and say, I wonder why your baby smells. You can do this with a close friend.

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• as much as I wish I could, she is the type of person to take offense and she holds a grudge...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Oh dear. Then let's see. I'm not sure how to say it without giving offense. Unless you went from the other direction and say that you don't want her to hate you or to be embarrassed and you just don't know how to say something. At this point she should say OK out with it, what's up, then you say, I've noticed that dear little Timmy smells a bit, I didn't want to mention it, but I thought since we were close... and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 10:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011