Are you and your MIL friends?

I don't have much of a relationship with my mother. She does her own thing and never really wanted a family. This bothered me, but I always thought that this would be fixed once I got married and I honestly thought that someday my MIL would be my BFF. I couldn't have been more wrong. I have been married for 5 years and my MIL hates me. I don't have a clue as to what I did wrong! What is your MIL like??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• i have no idea. lol she's in thailand. im vietnamese. go figure.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• we get along well have to we live with her.
    but we go alot of places with each other
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Lucky...Maybe I should send mine to Thailand. LOL!!
    Anonymous

• I am lucky that I have a MIL that I can stand (most of the time...lol). We used to get along great (we would go shopping and people would think we were mother/daughter). But things have changed since the birth of my son and I feel I am less toelrant of her (I don't know why). I feel bad that I feel this way, but things she says or does now just set me off. Luckily we live in a different town and distance is a WONDERFUL thing. Try not to worry tooooo much about and just enjoy your life. If she doesn't come around eventually, then it's her loss!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i have a love hate relationship. lol hmm. maybe ask her?
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 9:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my mil and i are bf's! i love her to death! sometimes we have so much in common, we wonder how we're not related!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• well my mil never says anything bad to me but complains to my sister in law (so does my hubby) so my sil just tells me. i just wish she could be more up front. she liked me in the beginning but then didnt. dnt know what happened.
    Anonymous

• my mil is the biggest b*tch in the world.
    she talks sh*t about her own son all the time she favors the older one. my hubby is the younger. shes always fake in my face thats why we dont see any of them. they re racist too.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• nope she hates me shes a cunt sorry for the language but she is!!!!
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 10:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My mother-in-law has never liked me, and I have been married to her son for almost 44 years. I always believed that if I tried harder, did things better, or loved her enough, I could win her over. A little over two years ago, I finally realized that was never going to happen. Since then, I have been polite, cordial, and I go to visit her with her son because he enjoys my company on the three-hour round trip. You cannot make other people like you, and the harder you try, the more frustrated you will become.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008