my six month old has a 102.4 fever, thats after i gave him a bath.It was at 104.1.should i give him tylenol or hold off?

cynthia8990

Asked by cynthia8990 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol immediately and take him into the hospital. That is EXTREMELY high.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• call your pediatrician, while you are driving him to ER ASAP. That is WAY TOO high for an infant.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 10:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• forget holding off take him to the ER NOW.. anything over 103.5 can result in brain injury.. PLEASE take him to the ER ASAP!!!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• How much tylenol?
    cynthia8990

Comment by cynthia8990 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Switch off between tylenol and motrin every two hours until the fever breaks
    luvingmamaof2

Answer by luvingmamaof2 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Fevers don't cause brain injury. It is the body's way of fighting an infection. It is high however, so I would call the ER and ask their advice. If they suggest that you bring him in, well then obviously do so. They may just suggest to do your best to keep him comfortable until the morning when you can bring him in to his pediatrician.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If his peds has a 24 hour nurse line call it. If not go to the ER.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• tylenol
    use weight based on the side of the bottle if you do not know a weight then use age based (this is not the better of the 2 choices)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• when my DD (5 months) had a fever a couple weeks ago . I took her to the hospital with a 102.8 fever.. I was told that it's not dangerous unless it goes to 105 ...and the dr told me the same thing.. to me ...that seems extremely high.. but thats what I was told by the ER and my dr.. but still I would take him to the hospital.. and def try motrin.. it worked alot better for my DD then tylenol.. I would take him in.. then proceed to give him baths and cool rags on his head and plenty of fluids. I hope he feels better soon :) It is so tough when they are sick :(
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• He needs to go to the doctor or the hospital, because thats a really high fever for his age. I actually read about fevers in a parenting magazine not too long ago, and I remember them saying that.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011