If you were/on the mini pill..

If you are or were on the mini pill, did you have any effects from it? Did it keep you from getting pregnant? How strict do you have to be with breastfeeding with it? Do you have to make sure you breastfeed a certain amt. during the day, not ever suppliment, etc?

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 10:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have been on it since my 4 wk ckup after I had my DD.. no effects.. and so far I am not pregnant lol it didn't affect my bf'ing @ all.. I haven't seen any difference in anything. you do however have to take the pill the same time each day if you don't it lowers the effectiveness of the pill. hope this helps
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 12:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• and btw my DD is 5 months.. so I have been on it for awhile now
    Emmajosmommy

• I was on it only a couple of days after giving birth. I was on it for three months. I had to take two different types of medications to make any breast milk, BUT my DD is disabled and cannot suck and swallow, therefore she was not eating correctly and was not signaling my breasts to make more milk. So I don't feel that the mini pill had negative effects of my breast milk.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I was on it after my 2nd, took it at the same time everyday, and got pregnant on it when he was 8-9 months old (they are 18 months apart). I would never rely on it for birth control once I started supplementing with food.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2011