Facebook loses members

Facebook recently lost 6 million accounts and MySpace has been downhill for quite sometime this website is getting slow what is your opinion about why social websites are starting to dwindle some say it's about security and job related problems

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think everything goes through phases. Facebook was big when I started college in 04 then MySpace became popular for a couple years. Then back again to Facebook. Now Twitter is big, so yeah, makes sense.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Good, people need to wise up. I have seen comments on f/b that could have easily resulted in a visit from family and children's services but I think it's those little private messages, that have lots of potential to bring about lots of divorces...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Who knows... Being military, I LOVE facebook and being able to keep in touch with family and friends across the world.... Share photos, etc... I block idiots and for those who are willing to self disclose their personal lives on FB beyond the level of TMI? It's easy to turn notifications off...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Ain't surprised...
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Makes sense, y don't know who you can trust and if you friend people from work bad things can happen. We've had several firings due to Facebook postings.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I think because there is so much more drama on there & people are stupid and post lots of stuff and get fired over it for sure. i kbnow it causes lots of family feuds.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• 6 million out of 500 million. A 1% drop. Oh no. The sky is falling.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• What goes up must come down I guess.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think it's the security and safety issues. I've thought about closing mine also.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think the drop in numbers cold be due to fake accounts being closed or people simply losing interest! Another huge factor is that potential employers ARE searching on social network sites prior to hiring people to try and gain a little insight into the candidate's character! Unfortunately, people are dumb when it comes to posting intimate details on the web for the world to see! And as with all "new and shiny" concepts, they eventually become old and dull! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2011