I HAD A C SECTION 3 WEEKS AGO. I STILL FEEL INSECURE LIKE TO WALK AND BEND DOWN. HOW LONG UNTIL I FEEL TOTALY GOOD? HOW LONG TILL I CA HAVE SEX?

C SECTION

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• wait a good month before sex with a c-section. You can tare your stiches out if you go any sooner.
    Anonymous

• don't have sex until the doctors says it's ok. if you have it to early, then you can rip your stitches on the inside, and they'll have to restitch you up, and you may get an infection. as for feeling insecure, just walk around holding your stomach with a pillow or something, you'll start feeling better. i know by 2 weeks with my son i was walking just fine. with my DD i got an infection so at about 3 weeks i was walking around. but every woman is different and heals differently. just make sure you're not resting all day, that you're walking around some of the day, or else you'll take longer to heal. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It depends on your body, you should take it easy. You had major surgery dont try to do to much or you will be in a lot of pain. You should feel a little like your self by eight weeks, but give it time. Good luck and congrats!
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i did not feel normal for about a month. i babied my tummy for a long while, but i was up and moving very soon. hubby was great the 1st few weeks, and helped me ALOT!! but it took about a month for me to be able to stand up strait and not feel a pulling. as far as sex, 6 weeks is the norm. i was glued not stitched, but you can still pull apart. also, you need to let your uterus shrink back to normal. takes about a month or so. FYI: not sure if it was just me or what, but it hurt so freaking bad the 1st few times after. WORSE than being a vergin!!! so go slow, and be prepared to have to stop and resume manually!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 10:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would say it took a good month to feel kind of normal again, though I started my 5 mile walks after about 2 weeks, and had sex at about 3 1/2 weeks PP. Just listen to your body, and don't overdo it. If you do have sex, keep it gentle, and use a condom.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you have to wait with sex until after the 6weeks check up anyway... so after youve done that you need to ask your OB about it. because they are the only one able to tell you if your body is ready for it yet.

i had a c-section too. wasnt able to move around normal again for about 2-3 months after c/s
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2008