Now that made me smile...

There is a woman in my life that I dont really know how to explain her, I mean you wouldnt say we are friends because we never hang out or talk ( except maybe a message here and there on facebook) ... But we always seem to 'stay connected' , ever since high school because the main parts of our lives are so similar....

All of our children are the same ages ( as in our oldest kids are only 2 weeks apart, our middle kids are 1 month apart, and our youngest are 3 weeks apart) ... and every year they always seem to end up in the same classes, the same sports teams, everything...

Our husbands also work at the same place, and we live in the same neighborhood... I use to think that we SHOULD be friends and I actually felt a little envious because she always seemed one step ahead of me... but after awhile it faded...

But now just thinking about it, I realize how much time I wasted worrying about little things... Like I felt down when they got the bigger better house first, when she had no problem getting pregnant right away with all of hers and we had alot of trouble conceiving ( except our last - he was a big surprise lol ), she was always thinner, they always took the nice vacations -- just silly little things like that..

Well our oldest daughters are best friends now and about to go into high school ... her daughter stays with us almost every weekend and just always seems to be here ( not that I mind) ...

Well tonight me and all the kids were sitting here watching a movie when my youngest son ( whose going through the bratty stage) said to her daughter " why are you always here" ... and her reply was " because your house is more comfortable than mine" ... I let out a giggle, because I wasnt expecting an answer like that... so thent he girls laugh and she goes on to say that she loves staying here because its fun spending time together and she likes how I make big dinners and we all sit around and eat together and talk and laugh, and ( like now ) we all pile on the sectional and watch a movie together... and then of course my daughter had to chime in and say "and we dont have to use drink costers here " ....

That just really made me think... and feel glad that I stopped letting those things bother me... For years I tried so hard to fit in and have that 'perfect" life, and yet it was when i stopped trying to be that way, when i finally had the perfect life !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I sometimes think that when people are showing that they have such a perfect life & try to show that everything is happy & dandy it's not really like that behind closed doors is a different story. So see you were worrying for nothing YOUR THE COOL MOM LOL!!!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I may not have the nicest or cleanest house, but it makes me feel good when i have a house full of kids just because they like to be here. But after about 3 days it is also nice to send them back home!
    krisnroc

Answer by krisnroc at 1:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Aww I love this story!
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 8:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2011