I've come to teh realization... (what about you?)

that no one knows me; not my sister or my BF of almost 3 years... its my b-day tomorrow and i already know what i'm getting from my sister... and my BF still has yet to figure out what to get me.

1) its not like i havent "dropped" hints. i mean, i have a LIST of things that i need/want (kinect to a rug, a dresser, etc). its an actual list.

2) i've told them that i dont want anything. i really dont. it'd be nice for them to get whatever from that list, so i dont have to worry about it... but if not, thats alright. i'd rather have nothing than for them to get something from the list, let alone something i dont want/need. Sigh.

Anyone else have this problem; getting ridiculous gifts, or people not listening to them?

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 10:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• It is the thought that counts.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Personally for me...

If my BF/DH/SO...whatever....did not have my gift yet...

and TOMORROW is my birthday....

I would be pisted off..........

Happy Birthday to you......SMILE....birthday sweetpea

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My husband got me a plant for my birthday this last year. I told him I would not take care of it since he knows how much I hate plants (I kill 'em anyway, why bother). Anyway, he went on a 2 week TDY, I didn't water it (I told him I wouldn't take care of it), and it died. He didn't get anything from me for his birthday (except sex) this year (he got a PS3 for his b-day last year and I get a FUCKING PLANT).

My love language is gift giving, so yes, I know EXACTLY how you feel!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Wow, no I wouldn't be mad. I never expect anything! And if I want something I tell my husband because he is AWFUL at buying gifts! I don't know, my parents always told me you shouldn't expect things from other people, not even gifts, but I guess that is just me.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• lol true, it IS the thought... but cant they just keep it at a thought? i'd be happier with a "hey, i was gonna get you a CD cleaner thing, but instead i just got you nothing"... =D

not sure what my love language is... i mena, i LOVE GIVING gifts.. but receiving them? i'd rather jump off a bridge! lol

i'd expect my sister to know this... and the only reason BF knows my bday is b/c my sister told him when we first met! grr!

in my dream world, i think it'd be where no one knew my b-day.
    Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you google "The Five Languages of Love", it'll take you to the website where you can actually take the quiz and find out!

But yeah, I'd rather have nothing than a gift that says (to me) "I'm not really thinking of you, just thought I'd get this random thing to throw at you."
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011