What are some exercises to slim my thighs, hips/ love handles and belly ?

I cant seem to find anything that will help. I would really like to slim down before I go on vacation in about 3 weeks. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Running is great. But also lunges and squats will be great for your thighs and buns. The running will help you burn fat everywhere and your tummy. Do sit ups, planks, those kickboxing sit ups where you twist as you sit up. do side sit ups...(forget what they are called but you lay on your side..put your hand on the back of your head and lift your leg to touch your elbow) do them before and after you run...do pilates. Drink water, eat more fiber, and protein after your work outs. Do detox yoga. stair step for 30 minutes if you have steps in your house. consistency..set a goal and keep a journal of your progress.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• PUSHING your self away from the table. :-) You can have an excellent ,toned muscular body but if there is a big thick layer of fat over those toned muscles, you won't look much different. I speak from experinece. Eat a lot less and then those toned muscular body parts will be noticeable and you will look slimmer.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have always just walked......walked faster than just going for a stroll....

It will slim everything down, with good eatting habits...

I don't know what it would do within 3 weeks though, but walking is good for everyone.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I agree that running is great. Just get moving! You can't spot lose. But you need to get rid of the fat, and that means watching your food intake and exercising. A good balance of cardio and strength training is what you need.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• running and weight lifting
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• cardio cardio cardio!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Lol Minnesotanice I agree, there is more to toning than just exercising, you need to eat less & watch what you eat. do some goggling you will find all kinds of helpful info.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Cut back on carbs, incorporate walking vigorously or elliptical machine into your program, and mix it up with a Zumba or Shabam class. They both use core muscles.
    ayopesta

Answer by ayopesta at 3:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thanks to the ones who truly tried to help and give exercise tips I really appreciate it. And to the ones who said something about dieting I only asked about exercises because I have already lost the amount of weight I want and need I just need to slim and tone up the parts of my body i listed
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2011