DO you know of any moms that you initially thought were great moms, and then the surprises just shoot all of your good thoughts down?

for instance
one mom I knew of: Very quiet, didn't seem to be very social but always doing stuff with her kids during the day.

Well come to find out, her twins had fetal alcohol syndrome and she continues to drink and smoke in the house with them there and all of her friends by night. No she is not a young teen mom, she is well into her 20's, but I guess just totally immature and stupid.

Another, which is a family member of mine.

seemed to be a good mom at first, I spent more time over there all of a sudden I was in HS. keep in mind I took a bus from my home town to this school because it had a certain program, too me well over an hour every day there and back.

well anyway, I would get to her house early, feed himbreakfast, leave school at my lunch, feed him lunch, and when I get out of school go hang out for a couple hours and feed him dinner. I found welts on him, at 2 years old, she would put him in the corner and whip him with a belt, and finally my grandpa got custody. Oh and whats sick along with that, when she was pregnant she drank every day just so no one would know? umm okay?? what a creep.

she told me that last bit of info when I was pregnant with my son, saying it was okay to smoke weed.  Never mind some ppl do that but not me, I had no reason to.  prior to being pregnant I smoked socially, pot, but a month before I got pregnant I stopped so there was no reason to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• usually I can realize they are bad from the getgo
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 12:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• So try to support those moms to be better. Why push them down when they're probably already down.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• who's pushing them down?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yep, a good friend of mine actually. When she had her oldest I was so happy for her, I thought she would be an awesome mother... But she's just not, in my book. She doesn't "believe in discipline" and on the rare occasion where she does discipline her children it's stupid things like "do your homework or I'll cut your hair" - nope, I'm not kidding...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011