How do I find jail/court records

I found out my step daughter spent a night in jail in January..... well during that month I paid her rent and during that month she never said anything was wrong just that she had no job and could not pay her rent. I feel like I have every right to know the truth since I put the roof over her head that month. so she won't talk and I want to find out the truth.
So how do I find out the truth and find out what happened as to what led her spend a night in jail

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe she paid stepdaughter's rent b/c she was trying to be nice and keep her from becoming homeless...keep searching until you find the truth mama!
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 1:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You can go to your county's website and they might have it there, but if they don't then you will have to go to the courthouse. It is public record, so you will be able to see the date and what she was arrested for.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• well who peed in your cheerios?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Wow, because nobody agrees with you for buying your way into someone's life, you have to vote them down? No wonder your step daughter won't tell you anything lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Also let her know that she can either fess up, or pay you back the money for the rent. There is no excuse for being an ungrateful little shit to someone who's keeping you off the streets.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 1:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I agree to check the county clerk website

Answer by admckenzie at 1:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Arrest records are also usually in the local paper. Most papers are online. Check there as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• why didn't her dad pay it instead of you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• every right to know...? do you think you've bought your way into *her* life? yeah, you helped her when it wasn't your responsibility. if someone loans/gives you something, do they automatically get information about you?
    sherlokke

Answer by sherlokke at 12:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Honestly, u don't have the right to know just because you paid the rent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2011