How do u choose when feeding your family on foodstamps

eating healthy vs buying the basics..

my reason for asking is because i work part time but also recieve foodstamps..but i have to choose b/t feeding my family healthy vs feeding period..
what would u do..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I buy what's on sale. Whatever fruits and veggies are on sale that week, that's what I put into our menu. I also stock up on frozen veggies when they are on sale. They are almost as good as fresh. When the grocery store has boneless chicken breasts buy one package get one free, I also stock up and put it in the freezer. That's how I tried to do it when I wasn't on FS, that's how I stretch my FS now. I've always been very aware of what I spend and how I spend it. I can make a casserole out of meat and frozen veggies, and make it last for a few days. It's all about watching the sales, and getting the most out of your dollar (whether it's the FS or your own $$).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I feed us what we normally eat like I am paying cash. I don't change my feeding habits. I buy what I know we will eat and nothing else. I still spend about the same amount I do on foodstamps as I do when I am paying cash.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i do that..the reason i ask is because the governement wants u 2 feed ur kids healthy with things such as fresh fruit an fresh vegatable but they so expensive
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011