How would you feel? Long...

My friend and I have been planning on taking a tour where we live. They have these tours every Saturday in July and August and they have 2 overnight tours (one in July one in August). Ok, we finally looked at the schedule (it just came out) and talked about what/when we wanted to go. We both want to do an overnight, but obviously have kids, so our husbands would have to watch them. I told her I would have to talk to my husband becasue he can't just take a day off, he has to get it approved and this is a bad time of year because a lot of people take leave and they have had it planned for months. Since this is such short notice my husband said he most likely wouldn't be able to get the July date off becasue so many other people are gone. So I told her this last night and she got mad at me. She said it was unfair to her because the August one may get cancelled because of bad weather (we went to a meeting about it last night before I talked to my husband, so it scared her listening I guess....I didn't get the feeling they were saying there is bad weather in August) and she has other things she needs to do, well she never told me this to begin with. I explained to her at the beginning August would probably be better for me, knowing my husbands schedule. And she even said to me when we talked about it, her husband has something the week of the July tour so we would probably have to do August. Well, I guess between then and me telling her August would be better she changed her mind. Her husband can just take a day off, mine can't. So now, she hasn't talked to me since. I am here feeling bad becasue I upset her but should I be? I don't know if I should feel guilty because of it or if I have a right to be a little upset that she got angry with me?

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 11:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• She needs to be a little more understanding. Not everyone has a job where they can just take time off whenever. My dh was in the Navy and he had to put in weeks ahead for time off. Now he really only needs 2, sometimes less. And there are certain times of the year where I won't have him take time off since he gets time and a half for holidays if he works it, plus time and a half for working Sundays. Give your friend time to cool off and hopefully you can still get your trip in.
    threebrats

Answer by threebrats at 12:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yeah, our husbands are both Navy, just have very different jobs. My husbands job has to have so many people there everyday, and seeing that it is summer and people go on vacations, leave has already been put in for a couple months! He can't just step out of the office like her husband. They are low manned right now as it is, so he said he would still ask but most likely he wouldn't be able to get that day. Problem is, she wants to sign up Friday, so the tour doesn't get booked. So I have till Friday to figure something out..... It is either make her mad or find someone to watch my son and completely inconvienience them because no one else I know really knows my son very well (plus it will be a Sunday, family day for most, from 430 am to 6 pm) and I don't want to put my son in that situation, to be with someone he doesn't know very well all day, he is only 4! If it were the other way around, I would try and work with her
    ILoveCade

Comment by ILoveCade (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2011