Any way to make a tattoo feel better?

I just got a tattoo done saturday night. and it itches like crazy and now the pains starting to set in anyway to make it go away or less noticeable.

MandiBaby

Asked by MandiBaby at 11:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• I have never tried it, but Preparation H is supposed to work wonders for tats.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• im using a and d ointment like im supposed to it just hurts. i cant sleep because of it.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• DONT DONT DONT Use prep H! Get some non scented lotion (or cream) and rub a THIN layer onto the top. I used my DDs Aveeno Moisture Cream and a Anti-Bacterial Ointment (not triple or neosporin) dont use petroleum jelly either, it might leech the ink out.

also what you can do is rub LIGHTLY around it :) but not on it.
    (I just got mine done 4 days ago and its doing the same thing)

OH! and make sure you wash it (after the 1st day) 1-2x daily with antibacterial hand soap (unscented is best but scented wont kill u either :)
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 11:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• And be careful how much a&d ointment you use, it has petroleum jelly in it and it might make your ink run if you use too much too often :) i like the lotion because i dont have to worry about it rubbing off.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 11:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ive been washing it 3 times a day like they told me and putting a and d on it . its just bugging me to where i cant even lay in bed cuz it hurts
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i just put a very thin layer on like they said to do.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Stop with the a&d.put some antibacterial cream on it. bacitracin works well, and wash it!!! it sounds like it might be infected.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 9:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011