Any way to make a tattoo feel better?

I just got a tattoo done saturday night. and it itches like crazy and now the pains starting to set in anyway to make it go away or less noticeable.

MandiBaby

Asked by MandiBaby at 11:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Did they give you the cream or ointment? And did they tell you how to take care of it? We were given a few days worth of the stuff (I think it was A&D or something) and then told to use a non scented lotion, we bought the Jergens healing lotion. We have never had any problems and together my husband and I have 4.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• they told me clean it with dial soap then a thin layer of a and d ointment but its on my shoulder and i cant get comfortable but when i finally do my ex leans up against it while hes watching tv and im attempting to sleep.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Don't use a & d ointment.
    the only thing you can use is a fragrance free dye free lotion. I think eucerin is a good one for it
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 11:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have one on each shoulder and i remember the itching but they never hurt afterwards. Just scabbed over and got itchy. I kept the lotion on it they gave me then used regular lotion. It's been years back but i don't remember any pain like that.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• the guy at the shop that did my tattoo told me to use a and d. he said very little after i clean it.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• All tattoo places are different. I've been told a and d and I've been told no a and d. It never hurt my tattoos. Do what they tell you. As for pain, I'm not sure what to tell ya hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• its called tattoo goo!
    megan825

Answer by megan825 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I've never used anything other than unscented lotion on any of my tattoos and I have quite a bit of work done. Mine usually peel like a sunburn and that's about it. I've never had one hurt like that though. I hope it gets better for you! Sorry I can't be much help. Just keep it clean and don't scratch at it!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Just keep it clean and use a scent free lotion. I always liked aveeno lotion. Theres not much else you can do. You may try putting a cool compress over it to help reduce the swelling.
    punkomama08

Answer by punkomama08 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• A&D ointment and plastic wrap so it don't dry out....this will also help with the itching if it anywhere in a spot where you can soak in the tub DO NOT until it has healed completely you will increase the chance of infection by doing that. A&D is also cheaper that tattoo goo and don't use neosporin my tattoo guy who has been doing it for ages says that can pull the ink don't know if it true but I wouldn't take my chances :) hope this helps :) I only have 4 tattoos and counting LOL
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2011