College full-time and a new baby, should I go back to a full time job?

My baby is due beginning of September and I start classes online full time at the end of August. Im working a 40 hour a week job currently and my SO is working around 60 hours a week. After the baby is here is it really realistic for me to have the baby all the time by myself, go to online classes, and have a full time job? Financially we can get by with just my SO working. I am just curious as to what others have done in my situation.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• and my job wont let me cut hours
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• In my situation I quit working regularly and only took on gigs I could handle in the begining. I went to school full-time, and received the Dean's HIghest Honors that semester, so it's do-able, I just cant say how do-able it is when working FT, school FT, and having a baby unless you have some tremendous amount of help.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You will be shocked how much time online school will take and you are going to be exhausted from your new baby. I honestly think you will miss valuable precious moments that will pass you by sooooo quickly in this first year of your baby's life if you are working as well. Good luck to you.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I went to College FT and worked FT... No way I could have also had a baby too!!
    IMO it's either Baby & work or Baby & school..... definitely not all 3 at once!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have been a full time college student for over a year now and a full time mom. I'm also 35 weeks pregnant. I'm taking the first half of the next semester off so that I can adjust to the new baby. Its hard just being a full time mom and a full time student that I couldnt imagine working full time as well right now. You would need a lot of help and you would get no sleep ever.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i agree with the other posts... something will have to give & it probably should be work since your family can get by on your husband's one income.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 12:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• NO do not go back to work now if you can survive without it
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 12:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• A baby is a priority, other stuff can wait.
    ;-)

If you don't need to work why do it?
    But baby needs you.
    Weighing 'needs' here, I think baby wins!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i would finish school now, work as you can and just save up for when the baby is here maybe take off for a little bit,i would finish school and put work aside and work off your SO income and savings, and spend some special time with your new born- youll miss it when they can walk/run and talk believe me i cant wait for this next one to be able to just sit there while i clean lol
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thank you all for your input. From your experiences it looks like work will be dropped. The baby and school are my number one. Now I just have to get family to realize it as well.
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011