Does a shorter period usually mean ur pregnant? adult content

I have had three kids...I have never had a short period ever....I recently had sex with my fiance on the 7th and I started my period on the 11th and it ended earlier today on the 14th...my period was a full two days ling and its normally 6-7 days ling!? I'm kinda freaking out a little wondering if I could be pregnant again!? sorry for ALL the details bit I'm really nervous and anxious about it wondering if I should take a test in a few weeks or not!?

JjCordle1

Asked by JjCordle1 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Mine was with my last baby. Normally if I am pregnant, I never get any sign of my period. I got a short one---like maybe three days---and it was very light at that. We were ttc then and I thought it didn't happen but sure enough, it did. Took a test anyway just to double check and we got the two pink lines we were hoping for!

I'd take a test in a few weeks to put your mind at ease. Good luck to you!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• thank u so much...I was the same way with my other pregnancies no period in sight but this short period just seems weird to me!!
    JjCordle1

Comment by JjCordle1 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It's possible. Another possibility could be that you didn't ovulate. I've had 2 anovulatory cycles in my life (not attributed to breastfeeding), and they were both very short and light. Flukes happen.

Take a test if you want to know. It should be accurate.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• the test would be accurate right now!? even though we just had sex a week ago!?
    JjCordle1

Comment by JjCordle1 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• IF you're pregnant, then that was probably implantation bleeding, not a period. And an early response test will usually show up by a few days after implantation. As long as the box says it's "accurate up to 5 days before a missed period," you've got a good shot of it being right.
    Anonymous