Should I ask my husband to find another job?

He's never home anymore. Our bills are paid, and we are starting to rack up our savings. But I dont see him.
Before he worked this job, he had two part time jobs, with a steady schedule and good pay.
This one is beyond full time with even better pay.
I recently quit my part ime job, so now I'm a full time student and a stay at home mommy.

But my real question is, Should I talk to him about finding a different job, I know it might be hard to find another good paying job especially in this economy, but isn't it worth a shot?

I just want to be able to sleep with him at night, or, see him at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• the question is..are u willing to risk him leaving the job( s) he has now? with this economy he might go for a very long time without finding another...remember you are going to school and you don't work.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think if he finds another one while he has this job, it wouldn't be as bad as his quitting and then looking. But if he is gone so much he will not have time to look.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i feel ya girl going through almost the same thing except we both work right now makes really good money but we dont see each other like we want thing is money is not everything and if ur like me u want to be around your hubby good luck and hope yall can decide something that works for yall:)
    Brit0001

Answer by Brit0001 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Have you talked to him about the hours he is away from the house? Does he even know it is an issue for you? What does he think about this job? Does he have the potential for advancement at this job? You two need to chat.
    4girls4Shari

Answer by 4girls4Shari at 12:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Can he just switch shifts?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• He knows me and our little girl miss him, his focus is on the money he's making. It's good, but not enough to replace our relationship.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How many hours a week is he working?
    Lovinglife06

Answer by Lovinglife06 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Like 65-70 hours.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• we are in the same boat hun!! I told my DH today on the phone that when I graduate and get hired on full time off my internship I want him to find work closer to home!! He works about 250 miles away for weeks at a time, and is only home for about a day in between, and its wearing us all down :( i HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR YOU!! Ever want to chat let me know!! Money is nice but it doesn't replace the love and comfort of your man!!
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 1:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My husband works offshore for weeks and when he is home he works at another job. I miss him so much amd just want more time with him..i almost feel like a single mom. I hate not getting to be with him at night and the kids miss him too. He misses everything. The money is good but sometimes I would rather not have as mich money and have him home so we could be more of a family. I think it is straining our realtionship also. I. Just really miss him.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011