Swing or bouncy seat?

Which one would you get if you could only get one? I think the swing because babies outgrow the bouncy seat quicker...

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yea I would definately agree with the swing being the way to go. We spent all this money on a really cool bouncy seat and he absolutely refuses to sit in it. He likes his swing sometimes, but we really only put him in it when he's sleeping, cause he sleeps a lot longer when he's being rocked. I would really recommend a doorway jumper if you can find one....they have to be about 4 months old to use it, but when they get big enough for them, they love them lol My oldest son loved his when he was little, and now my almost 5 month old loves his too. He'll bounce in it for a good hour straight sometimes and has a ball.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• they have a swing that you can take off and its a bounceyseat. I need both even though yes they outgrow those bouncey seats fastbut getit at the thrift store for cheap....
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 12:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• if u could only get one then I would go for a swing as well...bouncy seats are amazing but again if only one definitely a swing would be best!!
    JjCordle1

Answer by JjCordle1 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would get the swing...they don't always like the seat but do like the swing
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I went to a second hand store. I don't but everything used but some stuff I refuse to spend that much money on something used for a short amount of time. At 5 months the swing wouldn't push him anymore because the weight limit. That's something to look into so you can get both if you want. The swing, you can use right away the bouncy seat, about 2or 3months old. They price baby stuff so high and makes me mad but I was also on a really tight budget and I didn't have a baby shower so...
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• we had both, but i liked the bouncy seat because you can easily move it from room to room if you needed to.
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011