How to remove candle wax from a microfiber sofa?

Boys will be boys,.. I guess (but they knew better!).. at 15 years old.....sigh..teen boys throwing my pillows at each other and knocked a Scentsy candle warmer over.

I had the thing practically hidden from sight as it was. They managed it anyway.

frustratedI have used my old iron to slowly and meticulously bring up most of the wax with old towels....but, there is a spot the size of a salad plate where the "oil" is still in the fiber. I read an article to try white vinegar....it's still there. I am so frustrated.

If you have an answer on how to remove an oil spot -- candle scent oil from microfiber, I would be very grateful !! Maybe many of you have dealt with this kind of thing before and know what worked//what didn't work.

I waited so long to even get a new sofa (years) and it's 4 months old. No way to hide it either. I wanted to go throw candle wax at their PS3 and see how they liked it.  Of course,.. I CAN'T, LOL.

THANK You All!

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 12:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• if you have a dry-cleaner in your neighbourhood go ask there, they always have a solution, they will tell you what to do!
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Oh man, I wish I had the answer. I sympathize! Ugh, a new couch too. That is why I got leather lol.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011