HOW DO I STOP MY SON

WHEN MY SON GETS MAD HE HIT HIS SELF HOW DO I STOP HIM FROM DOING THAT,N DO THAT MEAN SOMEONE BEEN HITTING HIM

jaymom07

Asked by jaymom07 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm I don't know! I guess I would just ignore it everytime he starts hitting himself and give him extra attention to him when he is not! I am a SAHM and am always with my 20 month old girl so I know she has never been hit and she started hitting so I think its normal behavior. Your baby does seem a little young though
    Anonymous

• I dont think that it means that someone has been hitting him.. My son does the same.. I just stop him and say no.. then I just hug him. and play with him so he can stop hitting himself..
    airmom04

Answer by airmom04 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• He does it for extra aattention, dont' encourage him....wait till after he's doen throwing his fit and then acknowledge him
    Iviemg

Answer by Iviemg at 10:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Lol my son used to do that and then look at me like I hit him. It always made me laugh :)
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's normal. Mine does it when he's tired or just wantes attention. The best thing I've found to stop it, if there is something wrong like he's tired, I take care of it, but if he's just mad and being a brat, I ignore him and he stops. They do it because it gets your attention, so if they don't achive the desired results, then they stop.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 9:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008