What would you do?

I got married 2 weeks ago. My dad grudgingly showed up with no present. Now, I do NOT expect a present, however a meaningful card would have been nice. I like cards and I will probably use the ones I did get in a scrapbook. When my dad was leaving he said "yeah, I'll stick a card in the mail." 2 weeks later and not a card, email or phone call. Father's Day is coming up. I feel like telling him the card is in the mail. What would you do? I mean, I thought we got along good and he was such a jerk about not wanting to go to my wedding. (Yes, he likes my hubby and I am 36 so that has nothing to do with it.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• you could be one of my daughters....their dad never gives them a card and the last of the 3 just graduated and still no card...at christmas he gave them a $1 scratch and win..... I can totally see him not giving a wedding card when they get married.
    All you can do is expect nothing then you won't get hurt......but it does hurt and these men who do this to their girls need to be shot in the balls...sorry but even my 6 yr old who does not share his sisters dad...said...to his sisters "what is wrong with your dad" these type of men are such asses that even a little kid knows it. I'm sorry your father has to be so hurtful......((hugs))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Be the bigger person and send him a card. You will feel better about yourself.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Alot of guys don't like weddings. Just a fact. Let it go and just keep loving him. My father passed away many years ago and if I could only send him a card, I would never miss the opportunity. Why let the past get in the way? Some day you will see that life is too short for petty grudges. Your dad came to your wedding, just be happy he was there. It is our expectations that cause resentments. Life is better if we just enjoy what is.... Hugs ! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That's what I'm talking about! He promised to send my kid to camp and renigged on that. Almost didn't come to my wedding because he didn't want to leave his dogs outside for 2 hours! Every time he makes a promise I fall for his crap and then he blows me down!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I completely understand. I was having this conversation the other day with my SO about my father. He is a very nice hard working man. He is just lousy at being a father. He admits now that how he treated us growing up was hurtful to my sister and I. He would call us and tell us you guys be ready this weekend I am coming to get you both..Fridays would come and me and my sister would stay up late crying and waiting for him hoping he would show up which rarely happened. It was so hurtful and it still hurts me just to think about it. Sometimes he wouldnt even call on our birthdays or send cards..Some Christmases we never seen or heard from him depending on which stepmonster he was with at the time..I understand Momma..i would still send him a card tho:) I always do!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Just let it go like LeJane said. Some men or people even arejust terrible about getting things in the mail.

dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011