Can I use the base pedistals for the front loaders for my dryer?

I have a classic white Maytag washer and dryer. I can get the clothes into and out of the washer. BUT, I have to bend over to put them in the dryer. I saw a cherry red base with one large drawer and I wonder if I can use it on a machine not designed for a pedestal. I was going to get a local handyman to build me a box, but for $65 it's done. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes you can, the problem is, however, that it might not fit. My hubby and I have searched a lot of places and finally found a place about 60 miles away that has ones that my washer and dryer will fit on. So be sure you are getting ones that fit. I personally would rather find someone to build me ones. Then I'm guaranteed a fit.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• So make sure I measure the width and length to be sure the pedastle is large enough? It is for another maytag line.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I measured the width and length of of the dryer, and brought the measurements AND the tape measure to the store and it fits exactly. Now the pedestal is bright red, and my dryer is white, but it gets it up off the floor, no more bending over. Yeah!
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011