I just want to stop!!!!

I bite my nails. I have tried so hard to just stop and have nice natural nails. Any advice on how to quit?

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• Get hypnotized. My brother quit smoking that way...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Chew gum.......are you skinny? Eat something! But seriously, chew gum!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yeah , gum
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Oh, that reminds me, you can also come up with a substitute behavior every time you feel the urge, such as chew on a straw; maybe chewing gum is the same idea??
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• every time you put your fingers in your mouth, think of something really gross. Think of all the dirty things we touch throughout the day!
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I used to bite mine all the time. I started keeping them polished, because I never wanted to mess them up. Now the only time I do it is when they're un-polished and I find one that has snagged or something.
    AngelMama6203

Answer by AngelMama6203 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There is a nail polish that is made for nail bitters---it's clear and has a very bitter taste. I'd try that.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I've progressed from biting to excessive clipping, so I'm no help at all. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2011