Colonoscopy

I am having an upper and lower GI done in the morning. I had to drink this awful tasting lemon tasting drink. I haven't eaten anything in over 24 hours. Now I am running to the bathroom ever 5 minutes. Which is why I am still awake now. Have any of you had this done. Am I going to feel like a train hit me when this is over? Am I going to want to eat when I get done? I hate not knowing what to really expect. I just hope they figure oout what is making me sick so I can get on with my life.

SweetPea726

Asked by SweetPea726 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• Once you get through the hardest part which is cleaning everything out it will be o.k. I was put under(not with anesthesia and that was the best part. I drifted off to sleep and then when I woke up they said it was done. I think I drank water on the way home and it wasn't too long before I could eat. It was nice to know they didn't find anything. Recently, I heard in a couple of years, after the FDA approves it, there may not be a need for a colonoscopy, but instead you will just send a stool sample in and they will be a able to test you that way. Of course a colonoscopy might be needed if it was positive. Things may get easier in this way in the future so we can look forward to that!
    Hope everything is a good experience for you. God bless.
    rosemere

Answer by rosemere at 2:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Oh, I am getting cleaned out all right. Good Grief......Every 10 minutes I am running into the bathroom. They say I may be sore afterwards. Well what kind of sore. Sore from the tubes down my throat or sore can't move. I mean there are so many ways to put it. This is routine for them and it's new to me. Be more specific. Goodness. Anyway, I hope your right and I go to sleep and remember nothing. I am not looking forward to drinking that horrible mess in the morning, but I have too. Anyway, thanks for the information. I will let you know when I get home if it was good or bad.
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 2:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2011