Would you bank on it?

His lawyer said its a 90%+ chance he will be awarded his social security. Were still waiting for the judges ruling since the hearing. Would you think this is a sure thing? Would you bank on it?

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Would I count on it for the rent on a place I'm already living or go to the extra expense of moving out to a smaller place? I would stay put as long as possible.  Would I go buy a new car or plan a vacation? NOPE!   See how that extra information helps us out.  Don't stress.  Do your best with what you have and cross your fingers. Look for a job or a better job if at all possible.  Look into smaller places so you will be prepared if in the end you have to move.  Check out other resources in your area that might be able to help you out short term or long term.  Have a garage sale. But don't make yourself crazy worrying about something you have no control over.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I dont bank on anything when it comes to money until its in my account.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No, I would wait and see. Never expect something like that, you can be severly let down!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• it's not his lawyer's choice so don't bank on it!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yikes! These answers are wise , but unexpected. I am totally stressed. This ss process has been over two years and we are flat broke, two months behind on rent. I have told the rental office what the lawyer said and also told them it could be another month before we get an answer (i heard it can take longer than that).  My husband is legally blind from glaucoma and i not sure if judge gonna approve or not. His lawyer said that he just almost meets social security req.

dmr73059

Comment by dmr73059 (original poster) at 4:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Nope, don't bank on it until it happens, IF it happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Part of the problem is that SS has become so super strict b/c it is near broke. You say he JUST NEAR meets the requirements but that means he doesnt really. If they bend the rules for one....see where this can go?

Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't! Don't count on it til you have it in hand! That's a mistake I've made before, and I definitely don't care to repeat it!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No, it could be denied and you may have to go through the appeal process.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011