Can a child with aspergers seem normal in everyday activites?

my daughter does have sencory and behavorial problems. she is very aggressive and can be violent at times. but her moments change and is a very loving and caring 2 year old whom i was told she had the mentaility of a 4 year old. she is very smart but gets distracted very easily. she gets fixated on certain stuff. especially movies. she says ouch 2light touches and has a high tolerance for pain. she will wait for my reaction before she will react. if i dont react to it she laughs about it. other kids dont like her much. they say shes mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she is still too young..... my 24 yr old has aspergers and when I think back to when she was 2 yrs old and around that age well she was more hyper then anything and she is always fixated on what she wants even if it means setting herself up for hurt. anyway has it been made official that your kid has aspergers or is it something else it just seems odd that a child at such a young age can be officially diagnosed with one specific thing when their minds and bodies are growing and changing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• O.K. has she been diagnosed with aspergers? I don't see anything in your description that would automatically make me jump to that conclusion. There are many disorders that your childs behavior could be connected to.
    Having said that, my nephew has aspergers. And unless you really know him you don't notice it. He just seems a little odd, for lack of a better word. And this has always been the case with him.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 2:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• no she hasnt been diagnosed with aspergers but her evaluator said shes very high functioned. she really couldnt tell me muchshe said that the evaluation report will be mailed to my house. my daughter is very hyper active. they believe she has adhd but they cant fully diagnose her with that until the age of five. as of right now were working with early intervention and is in the process of getting her the therapy that she needs. im confused because there are times where she seems to be a normal 2year old but other times she does things that i havent seen a 2year old do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• im really confused with everything and im not sure what to think because im being told different things. she has a high tolerence for pain. she turns to acts of violence when shes mad. shes very intelligant. shes fixated on things that are shiny such as jewlery, the walt disney cases. shes very sensitive to loud noises. she plugs her ears. no eye contact. she can sit and watch movies for hours..all day long if youll let her. mainly shrek or tinker bell. shell replay them over and over before shell switch to the next movie. she repeats things that are said over and over. or shell ask alot of questions. and her tantrums and the screams are unbearable and sometimes hard to get under control
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Some children with aspergers can seem typical in everyday activities, depends on their functioning level.

Answer by missanc at 9:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• from what ive been threw with my daughter it is hard to get anykind of autism diagonous- my 3 yr old has PDD-NOS, its one the autism spector but they will not say shes austic- doctors dont go throwing those words around, she could had something else going on too, has she seen a develpment peterician?? thats who my youngest seen and got the most help from
    Good Luck
    carol00

Answer by carol00 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• as of right now were still going thru early intervention and i just had a evaluation and they said she deffinitly needed another therapist. so now she is having 2therapist a week and im waiting 2 get an appointment at the kurcg center. ive tried everything that me and her behavioral counselor had suggested and nothing is working, im so lost and confused. my cuzin works with ppl with sometype of autism and she said that she sees it in her, she said that she seems to have aspergers. but shes only 2. alot of other kids dont like her much. shes very aggressive and she doesmt wana listen or hear what i have to say. she just goes about doing what ever it is that shes doing

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011