Night terrors?

I have a fifteen month old son who just woke up screaming and screaming. He was inconsolable for about ten mins and then he just fell back to sleep. No fever. No other signs of anything being in pain. I was texting a friend about it (it really freaked me out) and she said he might have night terrors. I get terrible night terrors and I sure hope this isn't case, although I would be thankful he wasn't crying in pain. Any insight anyone? Please be nice, I'm really freaked out. He had never done anything like this.

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your friend was correct, it does sound like he has them. He will out grow these nightmare in time. But on a good note, your son doesn't remember the night terror like adults do./ Also, if it appears like he is sleeping but crying also or bad dream ect, don't wake him up. Lke I sadi,. he does not remember what the dream was or even having a bad dream
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My son did this for awhile (stopped at about age 5). He never remembered them and it ALWAYS happened when he was overtired ... within one hour of falling asleep. Honestly, you could set your watch to it. We would just comfort him and lull him back to sleep.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes your friend was correct. ask him about them if you think about it after he wakes up in the morning.
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yup! My oldest got 'em all the time at that age (and then used to sleepwalk as he got older - yikes!).
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011