Does anyone else find it hard to have a relationship?

My boyfriend is mad at me because he says that I don't care. Here's his list of reasons:
1.) I'm blowing off our alone time (which it isn't the only time) to go on a play dste with my friend and her son
2.) I couldn't find my phone to talk to him tonight. He claims that I'm lying.
3.) I never complement him. If this is true, sorry that I don't have time to boost your ego.
4.) Me being tired is apparently my excuse for everything. Well, considering I'm close to losing my job, my allergies are worse than ever, I can't sleep half the time, and my son (who's always keeping me on my toes) has an ear infection... I'm pretty sure that I'm allowed to be tired.
He's been making me feel really crappy lately too though. It seems like he's always questioning my parenting. He's my son and he doesn't have any kids. Who is he to talk about my parenting? My house is a little bit messy right now and he makes me feel like he thinks I'm lazy. Sorry that I don't have time or energy to clean like 3 times a day. By the time my son goes to bed, I'm exhausted. I really don't wanna go around picking up AGAIN when I have work in the morning. And when I get tired, I tend to become a little slow. lol And he makes fun of me for it like I'm stupid. I don't think that he's making me feel like crap on purpose, but it still hurts. I guess we're both at fault here, but now he won't even talk to me. What am I supposed to say?
Thanks for listening ladies.

Tink05215

Asked by Tink05215 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, yes and YESSSS!!!! for me I am always too tired with parenting and my job.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Only YOU know if these things are really true down deep. Are they?
    I mean....you can't find your cell phone? Did you call as soon as you did find your cell phone?
    He's your significant other(boyfriend)...yet you choose a playdate with another friend instead of keeping your alone time with him? How would you feel if he did that when you were expecting time with him?
    No compiments, ever? ...It only takes about a split second to say "Hey, you look nice Honey".
    IDK....don't forget to turn things around and always look at it from the other persons view. It helps to see things from their perspective.
    I'm just saying.............??? Give it some thought. It sounds like he's feeling neglected. As far as housecleaning..Does he live t here? If so, he can help out too. If not, then he doesn't really get an opinion about YOUR house.
    I'm no expert....just thinking things through. Relationships take effort even when tired.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Men do things like that my bf said the same thing and I told him to lets do you taking the kids where they need to go and take there bath,comb there hair and wash clothes,clean the house and go to school and go to meetings when the kids get into trouble.He said ok but I know he can't take that as a momma role he just want to be in my ear with all that blah blah.So when I do find the time out to give him sex and attention he don't want it so to me men just want to have something to open there mouth about something.O this get me when they say you did not listen what they needs are they go and cheat then blame it on you for not taking it in when they was telling you how they feel.Men just need to grow up and stop acting like lil boyz.I know for a fact men could not be a woman becuz we hold this world down we make the world go around.
    whatever308

Answer by whatever308 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It was buried in the couch and the only way to get it out is to tip the couch. I sent him a message on FB saying that I couldn't find it and that I thought it was in the couch. I told him that I would call as soon as I got it out. He said to forget it because he was going to bed.
    And I do compliment him all the time. He says that I only repeat the things that he says. I don't think that I do, but I told him that I'm sorry if I do. I said that I didn't notice that and I understand.
    And I tried to include him in the plans, but my friend said that she wantrs girl time. I said that I'd get back to her and asked my boyfriend if he wanted to hang out later instead. He said it was fine, but he seemed upset, so I asked if he was sure. I told him that I told my friend that if we don't do something Wed, we'll do it on Sat. I wasn't blowing him off. I was just seeing what he wanted to do.
    Tink05215

Comment by Tink05215 (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• just a guess
    but sounds like maybe your man needs to be mothered
    he is not sounding like a partner

some men do not act like adults when with a woman who has a child, they see how the child is cared for and are jealous and need more attention, you may have one of these men
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Maybe. I really don't know if maybe I am neglecting him without realizing it, but I don't think I can handle him acting like this. I really can't change anything right now.
    Tink05215

Comment by Tink05215 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2011