Just because I am pregnant... :(

I have been turned down for 4 jobs because I am pregnant.. and I am not even that far along.. doesn't seem fair.

tasha94952

Asked by tasha94952 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Can you tell your pregnant?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• barely... like really barely. just started showing.. and they asked.. couldn't exactly lie.
    tasha94952

Comment by tasha94952 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It's hard to find a job when you are pregnant. A lot of employees don't want to take on that responsibility and then hold a job for you while you are on medical leave. If they ask; I would ask how you being pregnant has anything to do with your work performance. If you can prove that this is the reason they turned you down; then that's discrimination and you should purse it.

Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 3:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• this is not fair at all !!! im lookin for an other job but i'll never mentione it to them ..... till i'll signe the contrcat that for sure .... good for them ..sometimes we can't be soo honest as we wish ...... you cant lie for sure cause that will affect your career later ..but for my case im still on my 1st trimestre so i can hide it ;) .... next time if they'll ask you if u'r prego .. dont asnwer tell get there point of vew of it ... say !!why is that a point to not accept my candidate ? and see there recation ;) GOOD LUCK .....
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I lost my job, and then found out I was pregnant...and couldn't get unemployment because I didn't make enough. It has been a total struggle for me and my husband. Right now, hes the only one that has a job, we tried getting assistance, but with just me and him, he makes $100 too much for us to get help, but its not enough. I have tried, and tried to find something, but the jobs where I live are next to none, and when I started to look pregnant, I just stopped trying. I feel your pain. Its not fair at all.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 4:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• A prospective employer cannot legally ask if you are or intend to be pregnant, only if you can perform the job duties.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• They aren't supposed to make a determination on hiring based on if you're pregnant, but I think many employers do. They don't want to spend $ on training and then have someone quit in a few months.

Have you tried geting something through a temp agency?

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That is against the law to turn you down cause you are pregnant. Tell who ever turned you down that you are turning them in for discrimination !!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i hear you i am having the same problem, i am trying ot find another job and have been for two months now, and now it is harder to hide my bump than before. it really does suck you need this for your growing family and these potinal employeers wont consider you.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• An employer cannot ask if you're pregnant.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011