HEY IS IT TRUE THAT THE LONGER YOUR HAIR IS THE OLDER YOU LOOK? I HAVE LONG HAIR ITS REALLY DAMAGE FROM THE TIPS. MY HUSBAND DOESNT WANT ME TO CUT IT BUT I DO. SHOULD I CUT IT? HELP GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.

HAIR CUT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• if you want dont cut it have it trimed. that way it grows out longer and prettyer tell him that.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i've always had hair down to my butt and hubbs didn't want me to cut it either. but i finally got enough guts to do it and it's alloottt better! i think longer hair may make some ppl look older. you should try a new do-it will always grow back!

pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't think it's generally true that the longer it is the older you look. It all depends on facial structure though, different people look better/younger with different cuts/lengths/styles. If your husband likes your hair longer, keep it longer. Definitely get a trim if it's damaged though. Getting trims regularly is the best thing you can do for your hair.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sometimes that's true, sometimes it's not. Some people look younger with longer hair. I personally like my hair longer and hate it being any shorter than my shoulders. Not because it makes me look older but my face shape doesn't go with short hair IMO.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Interesting I always think longer hair makes people look younger. If you really want to cut it, then cut it. You could just take an inch off here and another inch off in a month etc. Maybe your husband won't mind the change so much if it isn't drastic.
    Anonymous

• Definitly trim it up to the healthy length about once per year but, DON"T trust a hair dresser with it! Have someone you trust to do it, like your best friend, hubby or mom. No offense to hair dressers but, I've never had a good experience with them. They always take more than you ask.
    secondrose

Answer by secondrose at 10:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agree with secondrose on this one. My SIL was a hairdresser. She offered to give my frizzy, waist-long hair a "straightening perm" about 4 years ago. Not only did it FRY my hair and RUIN it, but she "thinned" my hair, with "thinning scissors". and it took me four and a half years to get it to even start to grow in half as thick as it used to be. Before this, I had my mom. one of my daughters, or hubby trim off about 2 inches once a year. I wish I could show you before and after pics. Thank God it's FINALLY starting to come back!! Also, I think most women look YOUNGER with long hair and OLDER when they hack their hair off short.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I use to have very long hair but it my hair so thick and it was a pain in the ass to take care of. So one day I decdie to cut it all off and my hair looks alot better and healty then before.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If you and your hubby both like your hair long, then keep it long. However, find a good hairdresser to trim off just the dead parts, so that your hair looks healthier and shiny. Ask trusted family and friends to refer their stylist, or stop random strangers whose hair looks great to you, then to keep your length healthy, go in for regular 1/4" trims.

A good sstylist can be hard to find, and normally cost more, you just have to decide how important it is to you.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 2:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would at least cut off the damaged parts. I don't think long hair makes you look older, I think it really depends on the face. But it probably shouldn't be longer than mid back.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008