Halloween

At what age do you think a kid should be before they start trick or treating? My son is going to be 15 months old and I really want to dress him up and take him door to door even though he can't eat the candy, just to get into the halloween spirit and have fun, but I am worried that he is way too young for it!

JustinScottsMom

Asked by JustinScottsMom at 3:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We took our daughter to the harvest festival for her 2nd halloween at 17 months. She was all dressed up and got to trick or treat at the different booths that were set up and she had a blast.....and we knew she was safe!!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 3:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• OOOPS......harvest festival at our church....left that out!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 3:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Oh, and we took her to our closest neighbors too!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 3:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Hunter J has trick or treated every year! Just take him out in his stroller!
    hollykins

Answer by hollykins at 3:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• If you're not going to let him have the candy taking him trick or treating would be cruel in my opinion. If you will let him have the candy, then whenever he can walk enough to enjoy it I'd take him. I think my mom started us at around 2 or 3.
    kellietinsley

Answer by kellietinsley at 5:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• We took my daughter when she was 13 mos old for the first time. And we started taking our son when he was just 6 mos. But didnt have much of a choice cause we had to take big sis lol!! I would just take him to an area that your familiar with. He would have a good time!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• my kids go trick or treating the 1st halloween they r born to. my daugter was 3 monts i held her in my arms and went aroud the block w/ my little cosins my son was may b 2 months he was a pumpkin and my baby will b going this halloween she sould b 7months by then y not take them its fun just to go for the walk.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I think he is a fine age for dressing up and having fun (for a reasonable period of time) and of course, monitor (or give away) the candy.

My son was 2 months his first halloween. We visited friends. He was a puppy. When he was 14 mos, we trick or treated for maybe 20 minutes, and he was a lion.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• oh, i dont do Halloween anymore, because of its roots, But when i used to, my kids were2yrs old
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 2:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I took all my kids out the first year they were born, no matter how old they were..it's fun....and I love all the candy!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2008