Anyone here an ob/gyn or just a gynecologist? Or has this happened to you?? I got an IUD question

Ok so I got mirena placed in for about 3 months and I had it removed because I wouldnt stop spotting. But now its been about 4-5 months since the removal of the IUD and I havent gotten a period. I havent had any spotting, any pms or pregnancy symptoms, no pelvic or abdominal pain. So I was wondering if this is abnormal and if so should I go to my ob/gyn asap.

Not that im complaining I love not having that damn period but if its not good for my health then I need to get it fixed :)

Plz answer asap
Thanks

JillianRose

Asked by JillianRose at 5:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• I didn't have a period for the first few months after I got Mirena removed. I too bled the entire time I was on the Mirena, but mine was much heavier than spotting. I had it for 6 months. I finally got my period about three months after I got the Mirena removed.

I am going to say consult your doctor with this. I know it holds true that if you get pregnant on the Mirena, that you're more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy. I am not sure if that goes away immediately after the removal, or if it goes away as the hormones go away, or if it goes away at all. I'm concerned that the time you haven't had a period has been longer than the entire time you had the Mirena. Ectopic pregnancies can (not always, but CAN) basically muffle your pregnancy symptoms, and give you false negatives with pregnancy tests.

I suggest calling your doctor.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011