I just red if you sleep in your right side you just make the possiblity to kill ur bb higher?????

that tooooo scaryyyy !!!

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 6:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• left side is best.. but i slept on both my left and right side while pregnant.. I tried to keep to my left side as much as possible because I am a worrier lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You know, what pregnant women REALLY need is MORE stuff to worry about, because there definitely isn't enough already. Yeesh!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Another myth.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I read that too, something about the heart or something, or helping the baby get into position maybe? I really don't see how that could make a difference! I would go to sleep on my left and wake up on my right, can't be helped, and baby is fine :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• When I was pregnant(Back in the old day).... I slept on my back, my left and right side. My kids are perfactly healthy. I must add, that after a certain month/week pregnant I could not sleep on my back, it just hurt to bad.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• when you lie on your right side, it can compress a major artery and constrict blood flow, can cause stroke if blood flow is cut off. When I was in hospital on bed rest with my twins, I was told to lie on my left side as much as possible
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• lol if you talking about co sleeping it dose not matter what way you lie there risk is there you will roll onto your baby in your sleep if your talking about pregnancy sorry but that rubbish your body wont let you hurt you baby when your sleeping there in a bag of water there fine but stressing your self out and worrying can hurt you and your baby STOP WORRING lol i cried threw most of my 1st pregnancy as i was so sick i kept losing weight i remember weighing my self in a shop and bursting into tears as i dropped from a uk size 14 to a uk size 10 i was 30 week pregnant and weighted way less than what i did when i got pregnant i could not eat and was in hospital on a drip my bump way not that big i was so stressed out and read loads of stuff looking for what could be wrong . my son came out 8 lbs 7 and perfect lol i learned my lesson

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I had heard that if you sleep on your belly while pregnent you'll cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. I asked my doctor about this because I love sleeping on my belly. He told me that its not true and you can sleep on your belly as long as your are comfortable. I've never heard that about your right side. I have heard that after 20 weeks you are not suppose to sleep on your back becuase it cuts off blood flow to your brain. Either way I laid on both sides equally with my daughter and she is fine, seeing as she's now 4. And I lay on both sides equally with this one too and he is just fine as well. I think its myth, just like inducing labor yourself with spicey foods, walks and castor oil.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• hope so !!
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• good to read that kylie_bob :)
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 6:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2011