How much would you tip a furniture delivery person?

My aunt is giving us a couch and loveseat today. She has a guy bringing it to our house. How much would you tip him for bringing it here and moving it into your family room?

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• $25 for that. If it's a store that I purchased furniture and I am paying for delivery and the delivery guys are good (on time, professional, set everything up, assemble) then I tip them $10 or $20 each. It really depends on what type of furniture was delivered and how much assembly was involved.

It's not a store, as I said, it's a guy doing some stuff for my aunt. No assembly required. Just moving it through the front door into my family room.
    _________________

Got it the first time I read your question which is why the first line of my answer is "$25 for that"
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Glad I read ur question, we have guys bringing us furniture tomorrow and it never would of dawned on me to tip them.

I figure I'll do$ 10 and maybe a plate of cookies and some lemonade.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• When i bought my furniture i had to pay $60 so i didn't tip anything but if its just a random guy doing it i would say $10-20
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I thought it was their job and that they got paid to do exactly that task?

this is not a guy from the store. As I explained, we are getting the furniture from my aunt. This is a guy she knows who is going out of his way to bring the stuff to us.
    bhwrn1

Comment by bhwrn1 (original poster) at 7:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• LOL, some people do not read the questions i guess. :)
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

I guess not! LOL!
    bhwrn1

Comment by bhwrn1 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

bhwrn1

Comment by bhwrn1 (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would definitely tip him $25 as a thank you. I mean, it's still a great deal if you're getting a couch and loveseat for 25 bucks, right?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd do $20-25. He's doing you and your aunt a favor by using his vehicle/gas and muscles.

FWIW, when it's a delivery from a store I'll tip under extenuating circumstances like it's 100 degrees, pouring out or something that's a real bitch to move. Then I usually do $10 a guy. I figure it buys them lunch, ya know?
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011