Does sweating out a cold really work?

I'm boiling, wrapped up trying to get this cold to go away! Someone told me that sweating a cold out works, I'm not sure! I just feel hot, and then cold because my clothes get damp :( GO AWAY STUPID COLD! YOUR NOT WELCOME IN MY HOME!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 7:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• No, a cold is a virus and, for the most part, needs to run its course. You can do some things to shorten the duration and manage the symptoms ... take plenty of vitamin C and garlic since they are natural antivirals, avoid dairy at all costs, take a good quality probiotic, try a neti pot to safely clear nasal passages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am not sure if it works but I hope you both feel better. I think summer colds are the worse.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't know?! Colds suck at making them go away but really the best thing is sleep and water. I always boost myself with some vitamins as well. I hope you feel better!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 7:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• im not sure if that works u can give it a try but i hope u feel better
    terri585

Answer by terri585 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Rock and Rye... an oldfasion cure that really works! You can get Rye at the ABC store and rock sugar normally at the RX stores. If not use honey or something else to camofauge the flavor of the rye... it is not a cocktail, just good old fasion med. Be sure you don't have to drive or be alert after you drink it though, you will go down for the count feeling refreshed when you wake up!
    best of luck
    shefree

Answer by shefree at 9:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If you have chills (the hot and cold) try to check your temp and if there's a fever take some tylenol. Might help you feel a little better.
    peacemedic

Answer by peacemedic at 11:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thanks jenn4443, we're both miserable as can be atm!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 7:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Aaw LizzeeT I was so hoping you WOULDN'T say that! Lol, I really should excercise but I cannot be bothered lol!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 7:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011