i have hives they wont go away

the dr gives me meds and there gone for a week then 3 days later there back again after i finshed my pill bottle help please had these for 2 months

terri585

Asked by terri585 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• I don't think a bunch of strangers on CM can help you better than a trained medical professional. Have you seen an allergist?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• on june 30 i have to go see one
    terri585

Comment by terri585 (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Allergic to something new you've eaten or used on your body? Scrutinize everything to see if you can pin down the cause.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• could very well be something you came into contact with, food, plant, bug bites, cleaning supplies
    anything new in your life?
    are you under lots of stress with no way to release it, especially if the stress is from a problem which you do not own-like someones elses problem and you can not fix?

keep a log, it hives never go away unless you have pills, hard to pin point what is cause though

for me, i am big on food additives causing many issues
    LAKE dyes in food cause my daughter to have rash
    but unless changes in your diet, unlucky to have sudden reaction to any artifical food product

back to stress that comes freom something you are unable to fix
    stress ALWAYS effects the body, if not rash then heartburn, or high blood pressure etc etc etc

feel better

2nd opinion if this doctor only treats symptom and not looking at the cause of problem
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• also think of what bath products are new to you
    try epson salt baths
    can not hurt

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It sound to me like an allergy and that you keep re exposing yourself to it. Where are your hives? If on your hands, you need to wash everything your hands touch: keys, door knobs, steering wheel... Change your soap. DH gets poison ivy and I need to wash our yard tools or he'll get it again when we garden.  The oil from the ivy stay on the tools until we wash them.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It could be spices or seasonings in what you eat. It could be certain dyes- I am allergic to blue dye- shampoo, soap, sheets- anything that I am in contact with for very long.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I was tested for hives with no real result. Was on claritin for about a year and had to ween of them. It took a long time.
    beatlemom9

Answer by beatlemom9 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Could be anything in your environment. I broke out in hives because of the air quality in an apt. I moved and haven't had hives since.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011