Do you ever worry about your neice or nephew...

about how they will turn out with your sister or brother in law raising them...

It scares me to death to think that my certifiable sister in law is going to be the main role model in my neieces life....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry, There is no license needed to be a parent.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• haha yeah i do, actually.
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 8:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• no not at all. my sister in law is fine. my nephews are well taken care of and loved alot. i guess because i have such a wonderful brother i do not worry much. but i can understand there are alot of nutty people in the world and no one needs a license to be a parent.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I worry about my niece because her mom took off when she was a baby, and my brother isn't the most engaged parent in the world. She is mostly being raised by my mom. My mom's doing just fine with her, but I think as she gets older she's going to realize that other people have parents who are involved in their lives and be hurt that hers are not really.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I worry about my mother raising my nieces. My sister passed away from breast cancer and their father is in jail. My mother was clinically depressed and very violent and abusive to us growing up. She's changed a tiny bit for the better but it's still scary to think they are in another state going through that kind of 'parenting' like I did as a child.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I do worry about my great niece and nephew- their mom (hubs niece) hooked up with a big, looser and had the kids with him. He has been convicted and plea bargained down to 4th degree sexual assault (of his 11 yr old sister!), and he is a lazy, uneducated, piece of shit looser! He does NOT work, he does NOT take care of the kids, he sells anything/everything he can (like new toys mil gave to the kids) and he keeps the $ for himself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I worry about my nieces and nephews all the time but I can't do anything about the way the parents are raising them or what they chose to do as adults. I can only talk to them and them them my concerns and if they listen and take my advice well great and if not like my mom always said--you make your bed you have to lie in it.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Let's just say that my parenting style and that of DH's sister and BIL could not be more different. God forbid anything should happen to my DH and myself we want my sister and her husband to raise our child(ren). I have often considered having a back up choice as well, and wondered if there is some way to politely state that my child(ren) is in no way ever to be sent to SIL and BIL. They are not abusive or anything like that, but I don't often agree with their choices and would not want my DD thrust into that environment. I do worry that her three young boys do not get the attention that they deserve, and that their father's priorities do not seem to include time with his children. In his defense I think he is one of those men who thinks working 6 days a week is doing the right thing for your family, but there is a cost to doing that, especially if you don't HAVE to financially. They probably don't agree with how I parent tho.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I worry about my niece but not much I can do but be supportive of her parents and offer alternatives.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I feel for my nephew. His mother is a bad druggie who likes to party and really plays no role in his life at all. I'm kind of glad that she puts her son off on her grandparents because she would be really horrible at raising him, but they are in their 80's and I know they can't handle him as good as she could if she cared enough to. She just recently got a felony charge for meth and a misdemeanor for weed..has no license..and has pretty much screwed her life up for good with a felony hanging over head.
    Everyone says she needs to take responsibility for her child, but when she did she had him sharing a room with drug addict lesbians. He's 4 years old.. he does not need to see 2 women having sex all night while high. Grandparents made her move back in and started taking care of him again when he brought a crack pipe to school for show and tell.
    peekaboo90

Answer by peekaboo90 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011