My 7 month old daughter is going 4 days inbetween bms is that ok?

She is almost seven months. I am still breastfeeding. She doesn't eat much solid food.

Brandy85412

Asked by Brandy85412 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• yep, normal!! my son goes about every other day, sometimes every 3 days. can hold it up to a week. if goes much longer than a week, call the dr. you might try some apple juice/ sauce/ foods that normally is how i get Cole to go. lay off the cereal some, sounds like it binds her up. more veggies, green beans, squash, sweet pot. ect not corn or white pot, not a veggie!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 10:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Drs. say that is normal but if my kids went over a day with out going, they were constipated.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 11:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes,it's normal. My son only went once a week at that age. It's only an issue if you are formula feeding.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Its totally normal ONLY FOR BREASTFEED babies. Mine went 10 days before going. After that I freaked out and gave him a suppository. (I dont think i was supposed to do that) My pediatrician said to give him dark karo syrup about 1/4 TBL spoon a few times a day. This didn't work for us. Now he is on table food and goes everyday.

CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 12:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2008