Lotion or spray?

My DD and SS has fair skin. Which brand is the best to use and is lotion or spray better?

fancypantswife

Asked by fancypantswife at 8:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Lotion for the face, spray for the body and reapply. There are some great articles on line about sun screens (we are not supposed to call them sun blocks anymore) and their effectiveness. MSN has a good article today, visit American Medical Association and their recommendations and some of the local hospital blogs like St. Lukes and First Choice ER for more information. It is important that the sunscreen is a broad spectrum (for UVA and UVB rays) and has an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least a 15. If your child is under 6 months old, you should ask your physician what type of protection to use. In addition, you should protect your eyes with sun glasses that have UVA and UVB ratings.
    ayopesta

Answer by ayopesta at 4:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I use both. I put on the lotion before we arrive to swim, and touch up with the spray.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 9:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I always liked lotion better, I just never feel like the spray covers as well. I usually use the Neutrogena Baby sunscreen - hypoallergenic.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My dd & ds have super fair skin, we use spf 70 spray but if we are at the beach we use lotion about 20 mins before we go out and carry the spray for touch ups.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I use lotion on my daughter's face, spray for the rest, to make it as fast a process as possible, since she HATES standing around getting sunblock on.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2011