Would you give your child 2 middle names? *piog*

DD #2 is coming in only 11 days (c-section) and DH and I settled on a name long ago. She was going to have my middle name, which is the same as my mom's. We chose it because it looked good with the first name and flowed well. THEN my DH had a phone conversation with his mom a few days ago, and I could tell he was suddenly dying to use his mother's name as the middle name. I want to compromise but we just can't seem to agree.

My question is - would you consider giving your child 2 middle names? (Or have you done it with children you already have?)

We don't plan on having any more children, so I am considering using both names as middle names if I can get DH to agree to it. Please share your opinions.

P.S. I would share the name, but I promised my DH we wouldn't tell a soul until she was born! I'm just hoping for opinions on the 2-middle-name issue. Thanks! :) :)

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 10:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I would, and I think this is a good solution.

Answer by Bmat at 10:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter has two middle names. Her name is Kalina Alexis Starling (plus our last name). Alexis came from my FIL and my husband. My FIL's 1st name and my husband's middle name is Alexander. My grandpa's name was Starling. He passed away two months before I went into labor. We decided to give her two middle names because we don't plan on more children and both names were important to us.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sure, the child is yours, make it a stronger name for people to remember throughout yuor childs life.
    mommymomo07

Answer by mommymomo07 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my mom's grandfather's name (first and middle) was Land Monroe. Using just one of the names didn't seem to sound right or give him the justice and respect he deserved. So she used both names! 2 guys I once upon a time dated had 3 middle names because because there mom's couldn't decide. When/If we end up finally having a girl I plan on two middle names plus the traditional first name. Just to incorporate all men that were important in our lives (my dad and his too) so it would go something like George Thomas William or something to the effect.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i didnt give my daughter 2 middle names but i did give her 2 last names...i think the 2 middle names is a good comprimise and a good idea...i would have done it if i hadnt septarated from my daughters father
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• We gave our son two middle names because we let his sister name him and then DH picked a middle name and I said, "Hey wait, I'm having this baby!" So I added a name and now he is Kristofer Alexander Atanga
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 11:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• def. my son has two middle names although when i'm hollering at him the first of the two is all that comes out lol!! i think it would be a great compromise. a friend of mine's little boy has three middle names AND two last names!!!!! no joke!!! thats six names he has to write out if he were to write his whole name
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 11:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes, I would. My two older children has two first names. I think it is unique!!
    jus4kids

Answer by jus4kids at 11:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Absolutely use both, people hyphenate last names all the time so whats the difference
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate the help!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2008