Looks like he's leaving....

I tried to be a good girlfriend and a good mom at the same time. I guess it just doesn't work like that. My boyfriend is leaving and I don't know how to make it better so he'll stay. I guess I saw it coming, but it still hurts. I really don't want to lose him. Any advice?

Tink05215

Asked by Tink05215 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Well if hes leaving there is really nothing that you could do, it will hurt but with time it will get better. You should focus on your baby, thats your main concern.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• After reading your previous question, it sounds like you're better off without it but I know it's hard. The right man will come along that will understand your priorities and be okay with that. I was a single mom of 3, one with special needs, and still found my husband who is wonderful and more than I could possibly have hoped for!

Answer by missanc at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• stay strong, if he's leaving and you did all you could, then it's his burden to deal with with why he left. Know that yes it's going to be emotionally hard for a while, but you can do this. A lot of us here are single moms... you could check out a singles mom group on cafemom for help and support as well. It does get better and there are other guys out there that you'll meet.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Your question is a short one, with no details as to the reasons that made him act like that.

If it's his character (adventurous, fun-loving, not steady), then no woman will ever be happy with him, and his departure is a blessing in disguise for you.
    If you have practical problems, i.e. money issues, unemployment and expenses for the kid, then work on these practical issues.

True Love Waits (Nirvana song !).
    If you want to keep him, work on improving yourself, and pursue your own happiness. What we think and how we feel reflects onto our face and body posture, and can attract others.

If the new baby (parenthood) changed your lifestyle and togetherness, it's up to you to invite him closer and tell him that you want him again.

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• why is he leaving? what he has no faults of his own? if he wants to leave then you have to let him go, you can't make him stay.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• He says that I don't care about him. I have no idea where he got that and we had a huge fight. He said, "F*** this! I'm done!" He's been acting weird for about a week and now, he wants to act like nothing happened. I guess he feels neglected. Thanks everyone!
    Tink05215

Comment by Tink05215 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011